Ever been pulled along on your skis by a horse? No? Why ever not? Now's your time to try!
Ski joering is an ancient form of transport used by people in remote areas to get from A to B during snowy weather, you basically hold on to a special harness and allow the horse to pull you along as you are towed behind on your skis.
The horses used are very calm-natured and go at a gentle pace, this activity is suitable for all the family and you only need fairly basic ski skills. Skis and boots are not provided, so don't forget to bring your own.
More Les Arcs Insights...
- Travellers welcome to Les Arcs from June 15th 2020
- Flights to Geneva restart in June 2020
- Tour de France 2020 postponed to late summer
- A farewell to the 2019/20 ski season in Les Arcs
- French ski areas close on 15th March 2020
- Introducing Huski - A meal delivery company in Les Arcs