It’s the most magical time of the year. The mountains have become a winter wonderland complete with abundant snow, twinkling fairy lights and the entwined intoxicating smells of wood-burning fires and gently simmering mulled wine wherever you go. There is nothing quite like skiing on Christmas day, as excited families enjoy the slopes between opening their presents and (over-)indulging themselves in hearty Christmas fayre. To help you have a wonderful, very merry Christmas and a happy New Year, here is all you need to know for the next couple of weeks.
The end of December is traditionally fun- and action-packed, with huge numbers of events and activities happening both on-piste and in the resorts to amuse and entertain holidaymakers and locals alike. As the shortest day of the year comes and goes, temperatures tend to drop and the winter really begins to set in, making evenings by the fire that little bit extra-special.
More Les Arcs Insights...
- A farewell to the 2019/20 ski season in Les Arcs
- French ski areas close on 15th March 2020
- Introducing Huski - A meal delivery company in Les Arcs
- Putting the Paradise in Paradiski
- Les Arcs Dump Alert - 6th March 2020
- Les Arcs in March 2020 - What weather to expect & what to do