Famous for its epic ski area and challenging downhill trails, it is fitting that the only combined downhill skiing and biking race in Europe takes place in Les Arcs.
You'll need a partner, one on skis/snowscoot/snowboard and one on a mountain bike. The race is open to 150 teams of two, made up of men, women and mixed pairs. Everyone sets off on skis at the same time from the top of the Arpette lift and it's a race to tag your partner on their bikes in Arcs 1600.
The event starts at 17:00 after the ski area closes and there will be 1600m of total descent before the winners are crowned down in Bourg St Maurice.
Reconnaissance of the route is allowed in advance and the prize giving and a buffet will take place in BSM at the finish. There will also be a bike test village in the funicular car park in Bourg with lots of new toys to try out for summer!
More Les Arcs Insights...
- Flights to Geneva restart in June 2020
- Tour de France 2020 postponed to late summer
- A farewell to the 2019/20 ski season in Les Arcs
- French ski areas close on 15th March 2020
- Introducing Huski - A meal delivery company in Les Arcs
- Putting the Paradise in Paradiski