A programme of 2-3 weeks of free concerts at Les Arcs and the surrounding towns and villages. On many days there are two concerts, one early evening and the other later in the evening.
Festival des Arcs is the annual meeting place for many French classical musicians and most of the professors and musicians are under 45. What makes the Festival really special is that the musicians play for almost nothing because they want to do so, and want to give something back for the benefits that they have obtained from the Festival and Academy in the past. This means that there is a very special atmosphere and you see many musicians listening to each other playing, and this is quite different from the 'prima donna' atmosphere of parts of the music world.
Please visit the website for this year's programme, using the link above.
Dates for this event
More Les Arcs Insights...
- Travellers welcome to Les Arcs from June 15th 2020
- Flights to Geneva restart in June 2020
- Tour de France 2020 postponed to late summer
- A farewell to the 2019/20 ski season in Les Arcs
- French ski areas close on 15th March 2020
- Introducing Huski - A meal delivery company in Les Arcs