The route of the 2020 Tour de France was unveiled today, on October 15th. Not only one but two of the stages will come through Meribel, with one of them also going across Bourg Saint Maurice.
After the Grand Depart in Nice, the Tour de France will go through the south of France, hitting the Pyrenees, before heading over to the western coast and then the Massif Central. The last stages before the arrival in Paris will go deep into the Alps for some of the most challenging climbs ever.
Meribel will host the finish line of stage 17, on July 15th 2020. This will undoubtedly be the key stage of the race as the riders tackle the gruelling 21.5km climb of the Col de la Loze, with a steepness of 7,8% and several passages at over 20% in the last seven kilometres.
The next day, on July 16th, the 18th stage will begin in Meribel and head over to Bourg Saint Maurice on the way to La Roche sur Foron. Cyclists will pedal up the Cormet the Roselend, Col des Saisies, Les Aravis and the Plateau des Glières for more than 4000m of climbing.
More Les Arcs Insights...
- A farewell to the 2019/20 ski season in Les Arcs
- French ski areas close on 15th March 2020
- Introducing Huski - A meal delivery company in Les Arcs
- Putting the Paradise in Paradiski
- Les Arcs Dump Alert - 6th March 2020
- Les Arcs in March 2020 - What weather to expect & what to do