Developed by the same company as Whistler in Canada, Arc 1950 is an exceptionally pretty, compact, high-altitude village just below Arc 2000. It feels like a Disney set, with the whole resort completely pedestrianised and car-free. In fact, you can ski right through the centre during the winter. With all the accommodation (and shops and restaurants) allowing ski-in-ski-out access to the pistes, it is absolutely ideal for a winter break.
Arc 1950 is perhaps the most exclusive of the Les Arcs resorts, with all of the apartment buildings managed by either Radisson or Pierre et Vacances. It also features some of the most high-end shops in the area, with prestigious clothing and ski equipment on offer. There is a real ‘village feel’ to the resort and a good selection of cafés, restaurants and bars encourages many people to stay local in the evenings. Arc 2000, with its own selection of eateries, entertainments and events is a very close neighbour, connected by the free Cabriolet gondola or just a short walk up the hill.
More Les Arcs Insights...
- Les Arcs Dump Alert - 6th December 2020
- When is Les Arcs opening for the ski season 2020/21?
- Safety measures in Les Arcs winter 2020/21
- Travellers welcome to Les Arcs from June 15th 2020
- Flights to Geneva restart in June 2020
- Tour de France 2020 postponed to late summer